This 1k paint is ready to use aerosol etch primer allows better adhesion of paints on most bare metal substrates and also prevents rusting of steel. Promotes paint adhesion to difficult substrates such as galvanised steel and aluminium. Ideal for rub through areas in primer prior to application of colour.
Where and when do you apply this product?
- Over rub-through areas before painting
- Over bare seams before applying a sealant
- On new bare metal panels
Key Features of the U-Pol Acid #8 - 1K Etch Primer
- Creates a robust base for painting
- Acts as an anti-corrosive layer over metals and reduces damage caused by rust and corrosion
- The chromate-free feature of this primer makes it a safer product to use than other etch primers in the market
- A quick drying, high-performance formula
- 450 mL aerosol cans
Points To Remember While Using This Product
- Allow a 10-20 minute window before over-coating
- The rate at which the etch primer dries depends on the film thickness, temperature as well as humidity
- You can overcoat the etch primer directly with a top coat. But if it is necessary to add an additional build to the repair, you may do so with primer fillers before applying the top coat